Wednesday, June 5, 2013

flashback

 I remember back in the day when I would read Mountain Bike Action religiously.  I was probably in 7th or 8th grade at this point.  I'd look at them every morning while eating breakfast cereal before school.  I even remember being bored with with some of them because I had memorized every page.  I used to stay up extra late at night looking at the pricepoint and jensonusa ads crafting the best bang for your buck bikes.  I'd write down lists of components for imaginary builds.  For some reason it would always involve that gold Kona Stuff and the marzocchi Z5 from back in the day.  Or maybe one of the Azonic DS-1's.

There was that section in the back of each magazine devoted to old trends and technology.  I don't remember the name of it though.  In one issue, MBA covered these little faces you could put on your head tubes.  I hadn't ever seen one anywhere else except when I stumbled across this beautiful trek on craigslist with a face that looks quite similar to the candlestick from Beauty and the Beast.


No comments:

Post a Comment